All resumes will be handled confidentially and will not be forwarded to
any other company without notice to the applicant.
||#674 - Lotus Notes/Domino and Web Applications - FILLED.
||contract to hire
|Length of Assign:
||Allentown, PA area
Design and develop Lotus Notes/Domino and web applications and provide application support by performing the following duties.
- Perform system analysis, which includes requirement definition, interfacing with users, and providing cost and benefit analysis.
- Confer with personnel of organizational units involved to analyze current operational procedures, identify problems, and learn specific input and output requirements such as forms of data input, how data is to be summarized, and format for reports and screens.
- Write detailed description of user needs, program functions, and steps required to develop or modify applications.
- Prepare workflow charts and diagrams to specify in detail, operations to be performed by application. Upgrade and maintain applications after implementation.
- Generate, test, implement and document program code required to develop applications or maintain current systems.
- Prepare activity status report to inform management of work orders completed, work orders pending, and identify any issues which need to be evaluated to management for resolution or assistance.
- Provide support to productions systems, by phone or on site, on a seven-day a week, 24-hour per day basis.
- Train personnel on use of systems.
- Create technical methodologies for engineering solutions to Notes development problems.
- Create prototypes and functional specifications or application development projects.
- Meet with users on specifics of projects, new technologies, and deadlines.
- Determine new development technologies to utilize, such as browsers, languages, and plug-ins, based on company’s needs.
- Conceptualize long-term development needs, and plans and manages related projects.
- Make suggestions on creating technical development standards and techniques to assure efficient program logic and data manipulation.
- Apply generally accepted programming standards and techniques to assure efficient program logic and data manipulation.
- Participate in designing, coding, testing, debugging, configuring, and documenting all Notes applications.
- Provide assistance and routine consultation to users in the use of Notes applications.
- Install and support third party Notes applications and utilities. Act a liaison with manufacturers and vendors of software and application products, especially with regard to problem diagnosis and resolution.
- Diagnose and resolve application problems
- Work with others to develop alternative system and software designs.
- Provide documentation to support the company’s validation requirements.
- Ability to work extra hours when necessary.
- Ability to manage multiple projects while supporting the Notes application environment.
- Associates Degree and 3 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience in Lotus Notes/Domino and web-based development.
- Experience in developing Notes and Notes web-enabled applications, including the use of the Notes scripting language is a requirement.
- A working knowledge of Notes Domino R8 is essential.
- Experience in project management is also required.
- Experience in Java and XML is desired.
- Experience in mobile application development (BlackBerry) is desired.
All resumes will be held with complete