All resumes will be handled confidentially and will not be forwarded to
any other company without notice to the applicant.
||#700 - SCCM Tech Support Engineer - filled
|Length of Assign:
||Allentown, PA area
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- The position will be responsible for providing technical support for a multi-site SCCM 2007 R3 environment.
- The candidate must have a superior knowledge as well as be able to demonstrate technical proficiency in Microsoft Systems Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) 2007 with experience in managing medium to large environments.
- The candidate must have a solid understanding of standard client/server, networking, and Internet fundamentals.
- The candidate should be able to effectively troubleshoot all aspects of SCCM and understand the configuration and ongoing maintenance for the patch management, software distribution and logging components of SCCM in detail.
Experience / Skill Requirements :
- Deploying updates with Systems Management Server or System Center Configuration Manager.
- Reporting with Systems Management Center Systems Management Server or SCCM 2007
- Installing, Configuring and Troubleshooting Windows and Windows Server OS Using SCCM OSD feature
- Remediation of SCCM client health issues.
- Scripting experience.
- Evaluate alternatives for deploying and supporting applications in a managed environment.
- Provide 3rd level support for desktop support analysts as it pertains to the SCCM environment.
- Evaluates current procedures and processes for accomplishing department objectives and continuously develops and implements improved practices..
- Responsible for proper escalation, communications, and management of production system problems.
- Consulting with vendors for problem and incident resolution as required.
- Ensuring compliance to appropriate ITIL processes.
- Providing 24x7 support for system management technologies per SLA and OLA requirements.
- Participation in SCCM 2012 upgrade as needed.
- Minimum of 5 years experience with SCCM or SMS
- SCCM 2007 deployment and infrastructure knowledge including troubleshooting, design, and implementation experience.
- Full understanding of SCCM 2007 Hierarchy including setup/troubleshooting.
- Ability to create Advertisement/Collections/Packages within an SCCM 2007 environment.
- Multi-Site software deployments.
- Understanding of setup/use/troubleshooting of software deployment “Maintenance Windows”.
- Full understanding of downloading and deploying MS patches using WSUS within SCCM 2007 R3.
- Experience with OSD and Task Sequences
- Understanding of Windows Client/Server operating systems
- PowerShell, VBScript, SQL, .NET, C#
- Must be a self-starter and have the ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- An understanding of AD, TCP/IP, WINS, DNS a plus
- Prior experience with Sybase Afaria a plus
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent experience, MSCE strongly preferred
All resumes will be held with complete