All resumes will be handled confidentially and will not be forwarded to
any other company without notice to the applicant.
||#704 - Project Manager FILLED
||contract - W2
|Length of Assign:
||Allentown, PA area
Nature and Scope
- This position is for Project Management within Information Technology (IT) primarily focused on United States-based projects but may also manage Asia and Europe based projects.
- The Project Manager is the “leader” of the project with accountability to align a team, solidify the objectives, scope, cost, resources, timeline, and risks within a project.
- Create a plan, execute, and control the project to deliver the project objectives.
- This position reports to the Manager, IT Project Management Office (PMO).
- The incumbent will manage a wide variety of projects across all of the IT departments.
- IT projects range from highly complex technology based projects which change technical platforms and architectures to strategic business projects that significantly change the business processes and practices, to multiple low costs, short duration enhancement projects.
- The IT Project Portfolio typically has over 100 active projects at any time. These projects are sponsored by our business supply chains, business segments, and global process management teams worldwide. The Project annual budget ranges from 30MM-60MM. IT Projects range in size from 25,000 to over 1,000,000 in cost. Project types include application based IT efforts both internally built and externally purchased or hosted.
Possess competency in the following soft skills:
This position is accountable for the following end results:
- Manage multiple and/or complex projects which support multiple business areas and geographies
- Accountable for leading project teams from option generation through execution to meet stated business and project objectives
- Accountable and Responsible for establishment and measurement of key project objectives
- Overall accountability for clarifying, developing, evaluating and documenting individual project plans
- Responsible for project team cohesiveness in an environment where team members are in multiple locations and of diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Responsible for balancing business desires/requirements with IT possibilities and cost constraints.
Possess competency in the following hard skills:
- Building Client and Customer Relationships
- Verbal and Written Communication Abilities
- Information Seeking, Conceptual Thinking, Initiative, Professional Confidence, Impact and Influence, Willing to Take Ownership, Achievement Driven, Holding People Accountable, Leading Teams, Teamwork and Cooperation, Sharing Expertise, Change Management.
Project experience should include one or more of the following:
- SAP experience
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge of Industry IT Project Execution Methodologies
- Avid user of MSProject or equivalent for detailed project scheduling
- Experience with Project Portfolio Reporting Tool
- General knowledge of finance within capital and expense funding
- Project Management of Mergers, Acquisitions and Divestitures
- Project Management of Enterprise Application (ERP and/or HR areas)
- Project Management of Infrastructure systems and services
- Project Management of Organizational improvements
- Leading Direct Reports
- Some travel may be required but will be limited.
- This position is based in Allentown.
All resumes will be held with complete